Hi, Team! Makeni sure feels more like “home” now.
We recently spent four weeks (instead of the expected three/four days) in the capital, Freetown, to get our vehicle out of customs. Josh spent several days of those days working on computers, cellphones, etc. for our literacy and translation partners. We were overjoyed to get our car, drive home, and pull into our driveway! Even Elijah exclaimed “Home, home, home!”
Since we returned a week ago, we’ve had the pleasures of…
- “Running stomachs” for a few days.
- Driving the three minutes to the local hospital to check on July baby. — Picture attached!
- Caring for a new puppy/watchdog and new bush kitty (both given to us unexpectedly). — Picture attached!
- Practicing Themne in the neighborhood and meeting more neighbors. — Picture attached!
- Worshipping at our village church in Romankeneh (15-minute drive and only Lutheran church in the Northern Province).
- Printing and distributing copies of Krio liturgy to the church in Romankeneh (not translated into Themne… yet!).
- Helping draft 2014 goals for Themne translation team.
- Finishing up end-of-the-year reports… Thank you for your generosity!
- Hearing the Muslim call to prayer nice and loud, several times a day… reminding us of the very few Christians in our neighborhood and a reason why we are here.
- Taking on the rough roads with our new vehicle. — Picture attached!
Thank you for your prayers. Obviously, they’re needed and appreciated. Many have asked about mailing to us in Sierra Leone. For those who haven’t seen them in our Facebook group, WAGNER UPDATES, instructions are below.
Love to you all!
Josh, Ruthie, Elijah (and July baby)
—–SEE MESSAGE BELOW-————————————————-
Mail call February 24! Several people have requested mailing info. We haven’t received any postal mail here in Sierra Leone yet and have heard that mailing anything has about a 30-50% success rate. We’re still hoping to find a good option. Until then we’re going to have a barrel shipped to Sierra Leone in February to arrive in April/May. The barrel will include a car seat for coming baby, baby and birth supplies we need, and any letters or care package YOU have been eager to mail. Time is short, so please have things mailed to arrive by February 24th. Please contact Josh’s mom, Kathy Wagner, for an address or to arrange drop off if you live in the Twin Cities.
P.S. In a barrel size matters but weight doesn’t.
1) Would someone from the Twin Cities (Minnesota) area be willing to pick up a barrel in New Hope and deliver it to Cottage Grove? It would need to be done sometime in the next two weeks.
2) For those interested in contributing to the cost of the barrel & shipment, contact Josh’s mom.
Contact Kathy Wagner: firstname.lastname@example.org, 651-278-2500 Deadline: February 24
Missionaries with LBT to Sierra Leone http://www.lbt.org/missionaries/jrwagner.php
Weekly Texts for Prayer: Text “BIBLES” and your name(s) to 612-208-7680
Facebook Updates: http://www.facebook.com/groups/wagnerupdates
Monthly Email: Sign up!
Quarterly Newsletter: Sign up!