by Ruth Rautio
Original recipe makes 1 quart
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups cherry juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
Bring the sugar and water to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. When the sugar is dissolved, stir in the cranberries, and cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add the raspberries, and simmer for 5 more minutes, until the raspberries have softened and the cranberries have popped.
Strain the mixture through a sieve or strainer, discard the pulp, and refrigerate the mixture for 2 hours. Mix in the cherry juice, lime juice, and orange juice concentrate, and pour the mixture into an ice cream maker. Freeze according to directions.
Pack the sorbet into a freezer container and freeze for about 2 hours, until the sorbet is firm. Remove from the freezer about 10 minutes before serving.
by Ruth Rautio
2/3 cup gluten-free baking mix (such as Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose GF Baking Flour®)
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup margerine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and grease an 8×8 inch square baking dish.
- Stir together the gluten-free baking mix, cornstarch, white sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder, and baking soda in a bowl, sifting with a fork to remove lumps. Pour in the eggs and melted margarine, and mix with a large spoon or electric mixer on low until the mixture forms a smooth batter, 3 to 5 minutes. Scrape the batter into the prepared baking dish.
1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3 medium Granny Smith apples
1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F. Shape cookie dough into a ball and place in center of large pizza stone; flatten slightly. Using lightly floured Roller, roll out dough to a 14-inch circle, about 1/4 inch thick. Bake 16-18 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes. Carefully loosen cookie from baking stone; cool completely on baking stone.
Combine cream cheese, brown sugar, peanut butter and vanilla in bowl; mix well. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cookie. Peel, core and apples. Cut apple slices in half and arrange evenly over cream cheese mixture. Microwave ice cream topping on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until warm; drizzle evenly over apples. Chop peanuts using a food Chopper; sprinkle over apples. Cut into wedges.
Yield: 16 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 300, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 270 mg, Fiber 1 g
Recipe by Pampered Chef