Three years ago, the women attending the 2009 WMF Day at Annual Conference voted to fund the AFLC development director position at $500 per month. These donations can be sent directly to our WMF treasurer with a note that the funds are for that position. As of today, donations have not kept pace with the expense. Please consider what your local WMF could do to help.
1) The board has chosen projects to support for each of our ministries in 2013:
Ambassador Publications: printing 7th/8th grade curriculum
World Missions: $500 per month per missionary (1 unit)
Home Missions: Parish builder training/radio and aviation ministry in Alaska
AFLTS: our goal (pending donations) is $100 towards books per seminarian per semester, the remainder would go towards continuing education of faculty
AFLBS: replacing furniture in the prayer room and updating Heritage Hall furnishings and finally appropriate wall art
2) The 2013 WMF Bible study is called “Genesis” by Sandra Weaver.
3) We will meet with seminary wives in January to encourage them and inform them of the work of the WMF. We will also host a pastor’s wives luncheon during the winter Bible conference.
4)We have provided the 2012 WMF Bible study to all AFLBS women.
5) June 2013 is the annual gathering of the WMF held in conjunction with the annual conference. The WMF day theme will be “Forever O Lord…Your settled Word and Your enduring faithfulness”. Psalm 119:89-90
7) Board members are available to come to your church or district, at no charge, to assist in regular or special programs.